Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Skill and changing positions
Has anyone changed a position for a player?  Looking at a skill say that I have Tackle.  His skill are C:56; T:44; G:96.  Would this player be much better as a Guard or am I reading this incorrectly?  If I do change them are there any penaties to do so, such as skills dropping down.  Any thoughts would be helpful  Cool
Lots of teams have players that are not in their natural position. The actual effects of the skill modifier is still being tested. This is our first year using the 18 version of this game. In general the 3 most important traits to look for are strength, pass blocking, and run blocking. After that it's debatable whether agility and speed affects lineman ability. 

The other thing to keep in mind is the size of the player. D Lineman that are too small are too easily pushed around.
[Image: nebraskaplainsmen_sigplate_angled.png]
[Image: Banners2_zps822fa4e9.png]
[Image: minnesotamillers_tdhelmboilerplate.png]
[Image: nebraskacornhuskers.jpg]
I had quite a few also. My two starting WRs were actually RBs. My two starting DTs are actually a linebacker and defensive end respectfully.  This should be interesting.
[Image: portlandreavers_sigplate_angled.png]
Portland Bleeds Reaver Red!
[Image: michiganstate_helmet.png]
They pick up 20-30 points in that position during Training Camps and a few points each week they play the position...so make sure you have them assigned where you want them to play before TC.
[Image: sandiegoraptors_sigplate_angled.png]
[Image: yukonrush_tdhelmboilerplate.png]
It’ll be fun to see how it pans out...for example I moved all of my players back to their “natural” position and I’m building based on that.
[Image: coloradomustangs_sigplate_angled.png]
[Image: albertabandits_tdhelmboilerplate.png]

[Image: coloradobuffaloes.jpg]
NCFA - Colorado Buffaloes
And im taking no notice of it so itll be interesting to see what happens.
[Image: carlislebluedemons_sigplate_angled.png]
[Image: thunderbaygiants_tdhelmboilerplate.png]
(02-11-2018, 06:56 PM)Demons Wrote: And im taking no notice of it so itll be interesting to see what happens.
So in other words you're just wandering around blind...business as usual!   Big Grin

(02-12-2018, 01:14 PM)Skycast Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 06:56 PM)Demons Wrote: And im taking no notice of it so itll be interesting to see what happens.
So in other words you're just wandering around blind...business as usual!   Big Grin
Yep, i still dont know what half of the plays mean.
(02-12-2018, 02:08 PM)Demons Wrote:
You and Jubes both.

Thanks All... I may swap these all around so don't laugh too hard if you see a lot of drops/pickups from Manchester this preseason  Cool
[Image: manchestrmaulers_sigplate_angled.png]
(02-12-2018, 03:00 PM)rasp30024 Wrote: Thanks All... I may swap these all around so don't laugh too hard if you see a lot of drops/pickups from Manchester this preseason  Cool
As long as you dont work it out before you play Carlisle ill be happy.
(02-12-2018, 02:09 PM)Skycast Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 02:08 PM)Demons Wrote:
You and Jubes both.
You weren't supposed to broadcast it!?
[Image: portlandreavers_sigplate_angled.png]
Portland Bleeds Reaver Red!
[Image: michiganstate_helmet.png]
Heck fire Jubes, I know what most of them are yet that still hasn’t helped me.

I would say strength speed and pass blocking are essential, and it's debatable if run blocking or agility mean anything.... just saying Richard. Lol
[Image: newjerseybayhawks_sigplate_angled.png]
[Image: rawlinsrustlers_tdhelmboilerplate.png]

[Image: purdue.png]